Top 7 ways for a stress free holiday
Each year as we anxiously look forward to the holiday season, thoughts of excitement, magic and cheer fill our imaginations. So, why does it seem like the holidays can go from “merry “to “scary”. So here are the top 7 ways for a stress free holiday written by Life Vantage magazine:
- Think positive: This is foundational in creating a stress free holiday. If you intentionally move into the holiday season believing that it will be a positive one, you are much more likely to be able to create a positive season. Be intention about being positive and make positive choices toward achieving your goal.
- Plan a Real Vacation: I know, the holidays are about traditions… but do they have to be? Consider breaking up your holiday routine and taking yourself and your loved ones on a real vacation. A vacation focused on quality time, relaxation and new experiences. Don’t worry about all the cooking and gifts. The time together is all that is needed.
- Go Tech-Free: Easier said than done, right! Give it a shot, Event if it’s just for a day, or a weekend. When you have time intentionally planned with those closet to you to celebrate the holidays, be intentional to disconnect from technology. Tell the world they can wait.
- Give a “Hands on” Gift: What about giving gifts that are specifically designed to help those around you relax? Think foot massage, back or shoulder massage…even go a bit further and think of books, retreat gift certificates, or chiropractic sessions. Think through gifts that could promote relaxation for your family and friends not only during the holidays but all throughout the year.
- Be A Picky Volunteer: So may needs, so little time. The fact is you cannot say yes to everything if you desire a stress free holiday. Pick the causes most important to you and stick with those. Don’t be afraid to say no.
- Get Outside: It does not really even matter what you do outside. Exercise, let the sun touch your skin, roll around in the snow… all or nearly anything will invigorate your energy levels and keep you moving forward while keeping your stress level low.
- Forget Perfection: It’s so easy to get wrapped up in how others will perceive the way you plans your holidays. Or maybe is not pressure from others: maybe you are one who expects perfection from yourself. Either way, you have to forget it the reason why you ask? Because it not possible. Neither will you, not anyone achieved perfection. However… you could die trying.