An eating disorder is more than just losing or gaining weight; it's about the thoughts and feelings that are going on inside your head. Below are some lists of the different signs that may indicate you have an eating disorder. There are a number of different types of eating disorders, so signs will differ for different people. Everybody will have some of these signs but if you can identify with many of them, it is possible you have an eating disorder. It is very important you talk to someone as eating disorders seldom go away without professional help.
Here are 11 signs that you or a loved one may have an eating disorder:
- refuse to eat with your family, friends or colleagues
- feel very anxious about eating in public
- eat different food than the rest of your family or roommates
- eat food at different times to the rest of your family or roommates
- not talk much (or talks a lot ) during meals
- leave the table frequently during meals (especially to go the bathroom)
- secretly dispose of food during the meal (wrapping it in a napkin, wiping it on the underside of plate, feeding it to the dog, putting it in pockets)
- drink lots of water (at meals or during the day)
- lie to your family and friends about how much you have eaten
- Do things so your family or roommates won't notice you aren't eating much - i.e. eat a normal size dinner but that is all you have eaten all day.
- feel obsessed with food and eating
It is very important you talk to someone as eating disorders seldom go away without professional help. However you can fight your addiction with online counseling.
Online therapy can help with all of these issues. Whether it is for family counseling, need counseling for porn addiction or just need someone to talk to. Online counseling services can make it personal & private therapy in the home and we know you want private discreet counseling.
But you may be saying what is online counseling? It allows you to talk to a counselor or therapist using your laptop computer, tablet or smartphone. All you need is a Wi-Fi connection or a cellular connection to get the private and anonymous therapy you want.
If you would like to find out more about how online counseling works. Just click on the blue button below.