Fight your addiction with online counseling for all Types & Symptoms of Eating Disorders
Eating disorders -- such as anorexia, bulimia, and binge eating disorder – include extreme emotions, attitudes, and behaviors surrounding weight and food issues. Eating disorders are serious emotional and physical problems that can have life-threatening consequences for females and males.
The following information is a brief summary of the Feeding and Eating Disorders described in the American Psychiatric Association’s Fifth Edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5), published in 2013. Click on the links below to learn more about the different types of eating disorders and their symptoms.
- Inadequate food intake leading to a weight that is clearly too low.
- Intense fear of weight gain, obsession with weight and persistent behavior to prevent weight gain.
- Self-esteem overly related to body image
Binge Eating Disorder
- Frequent episodes of consuming very large amounts of food but without behaviors to prevent weight gain, such as self-induced vomiting.
- A feeling of being out of control during the binge eating episodes.
- Feelings of strong shame or guilt regarding the binge eating
- Frequent episodes of consuming very large amount of food followed by behaviors to prevent weight gain, such as self-induced vomiting.
- A feeling of being out of control during the binge-eating episodes.
- Self-esteem overly related to body image.
Other Specified Feeding or Eating Disorder
- A feeding or eating disorder that causes significant distress or impairment, but does not meet the criteria for another feeding or eating disorder.
- Examples include:
- Atypical anorexia nervosa (weight is not below normal)
- Bulimia nervosa (with less frequent behaviors)
- Binge-eating disorder (with less frequent occurrences)
- Purging disorder (purging without binge eating)
- Night eating syndrome (excessive nighttime food consumption)
Online therapy can help with all of these issues. Whether it is for family counseling, need counseling for porn addiction or just need someone to talk to. Online counseling services can make it personal & private therapy in the home and we know you want private discreet counseling.
But you may be saying what is online counseling? It allows you to talk to a counselor or therapist using your laptop computer, tablet or smartphone. All you need is a Wi-Fi connection or a cellular connection to get the private and anonymous therapy you want.
If you would like to find out more about how online counseling works. Just click on the blue button below.